Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our new Middlesex members and guests

Welcome to our new Middlesex members and guests

We already have a large number of Middlesex members in our ranks but Kev and Viveca will be inviting their Middlesex contacts to join and I hope other members here will spread the word and encourage others to join.

Anyone who isn't registered will be able to read the threads/posts in the MTWD section, but cannot start or reply to threads without registering and signing up to follow the Rules.

We would also welcome supporters of other teams who with to discuss Middlesex matches/affairs, provided they remain generally courteous. A bit of friendly banter is fine.

So - welcome to all our new members and guests. I hope you enjoy reading the forums and in time contributing to the discussion.

James, Site Admin
    james@mccolp.net

MTWD member
    Used to post on MTWD and got to know Kev and several others. Good luck with this forum

MTWD member
    Hi Rod/ed

Remember you from MTWD

I'm the artist formerly known as Chunkyinargyll (so no intention to deceive).

Hopefully Kev and Viveca will put the word around at the Kent game. It would be great if our new surroundings saw Beefy Roberts, Dingy Bags, Rogers and Out, Fozzie, as well as a few others return, as well, of course as Adelaide, Seaxe_Man and Jonathan.

I was actually coping okay without MTWD, so my resolution is to post less often, when I have something useful to say.

Wish the new incarnation of MTWD well.

Welcome to you both. If you have any problems, send an email to me: james@mccolp.net

Member with ARAOTOHH! John (Fingers) Fingleton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    Hi Rod/ed

Remember you from MTWD

I'm the artist formerly known as Chunkyinargyll (so no intention to deceive).

Hopefully Kev and Viveca will put the word around at the Kent game. It would be great if our new surroundings saw Beefy Roberts, Dingy Bags, Rogers and Out, Fozzie, as well as a few others return, as well, of course as Adelaide, Seaxe_Man and Jonathan.

I was actually coping okay without MTWD, so my resolution is to post less often, when I have something useful to say.

Wish the new incarnation of MTWD well.

"(... so no intention to deceive)"

If this is in reference to my request for full names, I was not suggesting that there was any question of deception involved - rather just self-identification.

I am sure you have every reason to be proud of your full name, as well as you moniker[s]!

MTWD member
    It wasn't a reference to anything.

I was just being open and transparent regarding who I was on the old forum.

MTWD member
    It wasn't a reference to anything.

I was just being open and transparent regarding who I was on the old forum.
    I was Adelaide on the old forum and I see no reason to change, even if I have had to put on a suit and tie to post. Hello to old virtual friends.

Well, we have two more wins than I thought likely eight days ago. The Notts win was weather-assisted but the runs still had to be got against Broad & co. Yesterday's win was earnt all the way through, admittedly on a pitch made for Murts. The key was probably the Higgins-Hollman partnership, though when Compton and Leaning were going v-e-r-y slowly the advantage of the lead seemed to have gone. Then they did one of our copyrighted collapses.

I'm glad that Tom Helm took a wicket eventually as he beat the bat a lot without any luck but he did seem to drift onto leg stump too often and this was quite expensive.

I know it's all legit with qualification, parentage and passports but I did note that all of Kent's main bowlers were from (and established themselves in cricket) overseas. Hampshire have got lose to that in the past, I think, and in a fortnight we may well be facing Roach, Worrall and Abbott at The Oval. But never fear, our top order is solid...

Adelaide

MTWD member
    Welcome aboard the lifeboat, Adelaide.

Senior Contributing Member
    Thanks for doing this James. I am a member of MIOLP in my own right and was Lifer on MTWD

Welcome aboard the lifeboat, Adelaide.
    I would prefer to call this a call this a pleasure cruiser, welcoming people on board from the lifeboat.

Quote Originally Posted by John Fitzgerald View Post
    Thanks for doing this James. I am a member of MIOLP in my own right and was Lifer on MTWD
    My pleasure.

I hope that we can get a few more exiled MTWDers on board.

Like John I was a MTWD member, known as johnph. I am very much enjoying the match perspectives that are being posted. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hegarty View Post
    Like John I was a MTWD member, known as johnph. I am very much enjoying the match perspectives that are being posted. Well done.
    And thank you

MTWD member
    Quote Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
    I know it's all legit with qualification, parentage and passports but I did note that all of Kent's main bowlers were from (and established themselves in cricket) overseas. Hampshire have got lose to that in the past, I think, and in a fortnight we may well be facing Roach, Worrall and Abbott at The Oval. But never fear, our top order is solid...

Adelaide
    On a similar theme - Abbas, Abbott, Fuller and Holland for Hampshire today.

Negligible contribution from MTWD stalwarts.
    Last edited by MIDDLE EXILE; 18-04-2024 at 09:26 PM.

Member with ARAOTOHH! John (Fingers) Fingleton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MIDDLE EXILE View Post
    Negligible contribution from MTWD stalwarts.

Not, I am sure, anything to do with your (very occasional!) aggression ... I have heard rumours of similar past performance!