Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Middlesex County League

MTWD member

Middlesex County League

We usually have a thread for the Middlesex County League- mainly so we can follow the performances of our pro players and EPG (academy) players on our staff. Former pro players, eg Adam London, Scott Newman, Ravi Patel tend to get name checks as well.

As some of our pro and academy players play in other leagues (particularly the Hertfordshire league) performances by our players in other leagues are also considered valid for inclusion on this thread.

Last weekend all matches were rained off, as was North Middlesex v Crouch End today.

In the other premier league matches-

Finchley 147 all out. Ealing 148-3 (Robbie White 59 not out)
    Teddington 193-9, Stanmore 185 (Daniel O'Driscoll who has joined Stanmore from Ickenham) 3.
    Shepherd's Bush 245-9 Brondesbury 136 )Nathan Fernandes out for a first ball duck, but had bowling figures of 10-0-47-2
    Twickenham 161 Hampstead 163-7

I think Josh De Caires and Nathan Cornwell are still with Radlett, but their Hertfordshire league game with Radlett was called off. Same for Henley, who I think Jack Davies plays for. Thilan Walallawita (Potters Bar) had better luck- making 29 not out and 6-3-10-2

Academy players only get a mention if they do something particularly good- pro players get a name check regardless!

MTWD member
    A Sunday match in the ECB club national championship.

I wouldn't normally mention such matches- but-

Stanmore 347-0 in 40 overs. Steven Reingold 201 not out, Aaryan Sawant (who is in our academy) 133 not out.

Slough 115 all out.

https://stanmore.play-cricket.com/we...esults/5557979

MTWD member
    Frustratingly, Playcricket who provide the club scorecards had some technical problems today, so not all scorecards are complete.

Hampstead 175 all out Stanmore 178-7, O'Driscoll 10
    Twickenham 217-9 Shepherd's Bush 174 all out
    Ealing 249-7 Teddington 189 all out
    Brondesbury 235-6 Fernandes 47 Crouch End 208 all out Fernandes 10-1-29-1

and one with an incomplete card-

North Middlesex 193 all out, Cracknell 0 stumped by academy keeper Matt McGowan, Finchley 114-5 McGowan 40 not out.
    The site reckons North Mid won by 79 runs, but checking a recording of the live stream it is clear the scorecard had frozen for about an hour. They didn't go off for rain, or bad light, and the game appeared to reach a natural conclusion, so unsure of final score!

Similarly Josh De Caires was playing for Radlett in the Hertfordshire league, but PlayCricket blew a fuse! If I can get scorecard later I'll post his score.

For Potters Bar Thilan Walallawita 43 and 7-0-20-1

Ben Salter 3-0-17-3 for Eversley in Thames Valley League.

I'll post any more performances and updates I can find tomorrow.

MTWD member
    The game between North Mid and Finchley has now been updated to read Finchley 181 all out, so North Mid won by 12 runs, but individual performances have not been updated. Matthew McGowan must have got further than 40 not out, but I don't know what he ended up with.

In Division 1 Ishaan Kaushal had figures of 9-4-10-2 for Southgate.

Josh De Caires 64 not out and 10-1-45-1 for Radlett

Toby Greatwood made 37 opening the batting for Wargrave (!) but did not bowl. Don't know if that means he has a niggle of some sort, or if he was told 'You can play, but don't bowl'.

MTWD member
    To update last week Matt McGowan ended up with 75.

This week Premier League scores-

Crouch End 208 Finchley 209-9 (an unbroken last wicket partnership of 31 just getting Finchley over the line)
    Brondesbury 197 Twickenham 122
    Teddington 296-4 North Middlesex 104 all out. Max Harris 4 and 10-1-49-1 for North Mid
    Shepherd's Bush 241-8 Stanmore 195 all out. Dan O'Driscoll 11
    Ealing 160 all out. Robbie White 0 Hampstead 161-3

In Division 1 Adam London 75 and Ishaan Kaushal 9-0-53-3 both for Richmond. (last week I said IK played for Southgate- should have been Richmond!)

Elsewhere Jack Davies 56 for Henley, Josh De Caires 27 and 8-1-44-1 for Radlett, and Thilan Walallawita 4 and 10-0-41-2 for Potters Bar.

MTWD member
    I was hoping to see Thilan play for Potters Bar tomorrow, but as he has been called up to the T20 squad for Taunton and Bristol matches, it seems highly unlikely for him to race back to Hertfordshire for one day in between those games.

Maybe I could go to watch Radlett instead. What? De Caires is in the T20 squad as well?! Curses...
    The Poster Formerly Known As New Boy 2

MTWD member
    Week 5 results-

Hampstead 233 all out (Ethan Bamber 10-0-25-3 Max Harris 8.3-0-60-3) North Middlesex 236-1
    Finchley 236-6 (Sam Robson 7-0-44-0) Teddington 196 all out (Sam Robson 10)
    Crouch End 282-7 Twickenham 233 all out
    Shepherd's Bush 182 all out (EPG player Seb Morgan 10-0-40-4) Ealing 186-9 (unbroken last wicket partnership of 25 just got Ealing over the line Seb Morgan 23*)
    Brondesbury 184 Stanmore 186-2 (Dan O'Driscoll 31)

In Division one Ishaan Kaushal 9-0-43-2 for Richmond

Elsewhere EPG player Ben Salter 3-28 and 56 not out for Eversley.

MTWD member
    Week 6 results-

Finchley 262 all out Hampstead 266-0. I don't normally mention performances by non pro or EPG players, as it would be a long list (and where do you start and where do you stop), but seeing as it was an unbeaten 266 partnership Joe Kendall 123* Ciaran Johnson 132*
    Brondesbury 270-7 dec Nathan Fernandes 87 Ealing 153, Fernandes 22-12-44-6
    Crouch End 239 Teddington 134
    North Middlesex 248- Cracknell 33, Bamber 4, Harris 0 Shepherd's Bush 250-6 Bamber 19.1-3-67-3 Harris 8.4-2-42-1 (this suggests one of them couldn't complete an over and the other finished it for them)
    Twickenham 268 Stanmore 271-6 Aaryan Sawant 71 and Steven Reingold who played if a few games for Glamorgan a couple of years ago 112.

In Division one Ishaan Kaushal 5-0-39-0 for Richmond.

And elsewhere Martin Andersson 73* and 4-0-31-0 for Sunbury
    Thilan Walallawita 1 and 12-2-32-4 for Potters Bar
    Toby Greatwood 13-2-26-1 for Wargrave
    James Isbell 61 for Cookham Dean.

Paul W thanks for update. I was at Shepherds Bush game.Bomber was seen hobbling off. An unbeaten close to centrury stand saw Bush through to victory which at one stage looked unlikely.. Luke Hollman was present as a spectator.

Senior Contributing Member
    As a Middlesex exile (not THE Middlesex Exile who posts under that sobriquet) I do appreciate these updates. It's much harder to get information on the performances of my local club in Wiltshire League Division 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    Week 6 results-

Finchley 262 all out Hampstead 266-0. I don't normally mention performances by non pro or EPG players, as it would be a long list (and where do you start and where do you stop), but seeing as it was an unbeaten 266 partnership Joe Kendall 123* Ciaran Johnson 132*
    Brondesbury 270-7 dec Nathan Fernandes 87 Ealing 153, Fernandes 22-12-44-6
    Crouch End 239 Teddington 134
    North Middlesex 248- Cracknell 33, Bamber 4, Harris 0 Shepherd's Bush 250-6 Bamber 19.1-3-67-3 Harris 8.4-2-42-1 (this suggests one of them couldn't complete an over and the other finished it for them)
    Twickenham 268 Stanmore 271-6 Aaryan Sawant 71 and Steven Reingold who played if a few games for Glamorgan a couple of years ago 112.

In Division one Ishaan Kaushal 5-0-39-0 for Richmond.

And elsewhere Martin Andersson 73* and 4-0-31-0 for Sunbury
    Thilan Walallawita 1 and 12-2-32-4 for Potters Bar
    Toby Greatwood 13-2-26-1 for Wargrave
    James Isbell 61 for Cookham Dean.
    Keep this coming - great post!!

Quote Originally Posted by michael morgan View Post
    Keep this coming - great post!!
    Agreed. Thanks, Paul W. I suppose I'll still need to see The Cricket Paper for the other leagues, I live in Essex.

MTWD member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Uren View Post
    As a Middlesex exile (not THE Middlesex Exile who posts under that sobriquet) I do appreciate these updates. It's much harder to get information on the performances of my local club in Wiltshire League Division 6!
    It should be possible to get your clubs results as I think just about every club is on play cricket.

Just google the name of your club, and the second or third option is usually 'Ickenham play cricket' or whichever club name you type in. You can then access all that club's scorecards-

https://ickenham.play-cricket.com/home

The only time consuming bit for me is I have something like 15 or more scorecards to check each Saturday evening.

With Middlesex County League I go to that leagues homepage and you can get as many results (all divisions) and averages you want. Some of them now do fixed camera live streams of their matches (quality variable).

https://middlesexccl.com/

Deleted - duplication
    Last edited by David Uren; 12-06-2023 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
    It should be possible to get your clubs results as I think just about every club is on play cricket.

Just google the name of your club, and the second or third option is usually 'Ickenham play cricket' or whichever club name you type in. You can then access all that club's scorecards-

https://ickenham.play-cricket.com/home

The only time consuming bit for me is I have something like 15 or more scorecards to check each Saturday evening.

With Middlesex County League I go to that leagues homepage and you can get as many results (all divisions) and averages you want. Some of them now do fixed camera live streams of their matches (quality variable).

https://middlesexccl.com/
    Thanks, Paul W. I have tried it for my club, Shrivenham, and yes it works. I had ben relying upon the Wiltshire League website which only offered results and notable performances, not full scorecards.